Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Fags

They say that cigarettes will kill you eventually. Fine. That's just fine. I only wish they'd do it faster. I draw the smoke into my lungs, extract the nicotine and the tar. It doesn't do anything for me, but I like the smoke. I like the ash. The way it falls. I like breathing out the smoke. I like smoking cigarettes. It's something normal people do. I smoke a cigarette, and pretend I'm normal. And I wish I was dead.

- Neil Gaiman, Sandman


* * * * *


I started smoking when I was in Grade 2 with my cousins. We used to get cigs at our lola's (well, she's not really a relative) store then sneak out, go to the garage and smoke behind the tires. Like any other kid our age, we were just curious so we tried it.

Of course I didn't get hooked and I was even one of the people who'd always try to talk my friends out of it. The smell was the thing that I hated the most.

In college, I only smoked whenever we go out of town especially on the beach. I liked how the sea gets tranquil at night and sitting by the shore you'd just smoke up and emanate curlicues of smoke that would make the scene look like a psychedelic painting especially at sundown. Just imagine what ganja could do *wink wink*.

This was why some of my college friends were shocked when they saw me smoking in school. It just started to become a habit when I started my internship. We'd go out of the office and smoke after every meal and/or whenever we feel like it. We were able to form concepts, plan for a certain project, relax or just talk nonsense over a couple of sticks.

Hithit.

Shit ano nga ba ulit yung concept nung play?

Hithit.

Ugh. Ah, Prinsesa ng Kalikasan. Tangina, may magpapauto pa ba sa mga play na tulad nito?

Buga.

Kailangan daw ULIT iedit yung AVR!

Hithit.

Talaga yang si Scabbers nakakainit ng ulo. Kawawa naman si Pach at Pat.

Hithi... Aray ang init!

Takte ubos na pala.

*Sindi pa ng isa*.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ganja~! ;)) :)) BEAACHH!!!!! XD

potpot said...

Ahahaha! Nabuhayan ka nanaman dahil sa ganja ha. Ikaw talaga Ria. Tsk tsk. Schedule na kayo ng beach! :D

Anonymous said...

Smoking. In the next generation maybe human lifespan will be shorter and people will die at age 50. Because today, everyone just smokes a cigar. Stupid people.

ROFL

potpot said...

Well, everyone's going to die anyway. I'm not going to die and regret not being able to at least try smoking.

Might as well die happy, right? Hehehe. Wrong.

In the next generation maybe human lifespan will be shorter and people will die at age 50. Because today, everyone just smokes a cigar.

Everyone's going to die. Yes! That's comforting to know. :p It's called "balance of nature". :D