Thursday, June 21, 2007

Preschool Psyche

Remember the stuff we usually draw (or have drawn at least once) in preschool? The one with two hills, possibly a stream, a rice field, a tree (which sometimes bears fruits: apples or oranges), a "bahay kubo" (for us Pinoys) or a small house, a couple of clouds covering the sun and maybe a couple of inverted boobies that serve as our birds.

Most of us usually draw that or the picture of a family: a dad, mom, an elder sister, and elder brother, and the baby (depending on the number of members our families have).

Oh incidentally, I just remembered hearing a certain news way back that tells teachers (especially the ones in preschool) to refrain from describing a family as a group that has a mom, a dad, etc because it supposedly affects those kids who have single parents or something like that. But anyways...


My point:

Since Psychiatrists / Psychologists can somehow interpret stuff regarding our personality by letting us draw say, a man, I was thinking, is there any possible psychological explanation why children always draw those things?


Uh, just a random thought coz one time Pat brought his drawing journal and asked me to draw something. And I told him I wasn't gifted with that talent and in fact I can't even make a stick figure move or sit or whatever. So he told me to just draw something... anything that I can draw, or anything that I used to draw. Guess what I did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well whaddaya know...
i used to draw 'em too.
hahah :p

potpot said...

*high five*

Like I said, at one point in our lives, we all did.

:P


Over the hills and far away...